Re: SV: SV: SV: SV: Europa-List: Re: wing lift/drag pins

Subject: Re: SV: SV: SV: SV: Europa-List: Re: wing lift/drag pins
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 16:34:22

Graham & Frans, There were more than doubts - the three
alloy plates bonded into the wing root for the lift pin to
be screwed into were so misplaced that the drilled hole
overlapped the edge of one, just reached the edge of
another and was only just missing the third, so seriously
reducing the planned strength of the arrangement. It was
never established definitely but it was thought likely
that the dis -engagement of one tail plane led to a sudden
nose up and o0verstress of the wing structure.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ