Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp Prop diameter

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp Prop diameter
From: MalcolmH <malhendra@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 04:08:48

davidjoyce@doctors.org wrote:
> Paul, I have data comparing performance of SR 3000W 1625
> with SR 2000 1625 on a 914 and clear advantage for latter.
> Am skiing at present but when home will send you the full
> analysis. The LAA will I believe not accept 1650, and I
> suspect that Woodcomp would advise the 3 blader (but ask
> them) for a 912 S as they did for my 914, otherwise at any
> height you risk running out of propeller to take the
> power.
> Regards, David Joyce, G- XSDJ
>   "Europaul383"  wrote:

I'm sure David will correct me but I think he meant 'former' in his response
above

Paul, I am in a similar position to yourself and indeed asked the same question
on the forum and David was most helpful in the advice he gave. However then
Frans
suggested the 2W option. I didn't find Woodcomp particularly helpful I'm
afraid. I had a little correspondence with Kevin and the factory but the bottom
line seemed to be you pays your money and takes your choice.

My view is that its an awful lot of money to spend only to realize you've made
a mistake and now Graeme has concluded that he would have fitted the 'normal'
ones (by this I think he means 3000/3 no W suffix).

So I was erring towards the 3000/3W but not sure again after Graeme's comment.

One thing though the Smart Avionics Controller would be my option.

Read this topic online here: