Europa-List: Re: Strobe wiring

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Strobe wiring
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:27:33

Hi Frans

I just received torroids from Aircraft Spruce (for Quickie Antenna kit). Do you
by chance know why one side of the torroids are painted white? The torroid was
painted green by Mfg. then they painted one side white.

If I slip them on antenna cable (no multi turn choke style wrapping going on),
is there a prefered way to install with regard to white painted side?

Another question on your install, you put 10 turns and more torroids by baggage
bulkhead, could you have put those 10 turns and more torroids by radio?

I appreciate info you have given!

Thx.
Ron Parigoris

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org