Re: Europa-List: Re: Strobe wiring

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Strobe wiring
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 09:49:22

Frans...thank you for your clear description of your system and its
performance.

On Feb 22, 2009, at 8:36 AM, Frans Veldman wrote:

> I have three strobes: one on the fin, and two at the wingtips. The one
> on the fin gets the most power,
>
> The wiring for the strobes: From the strobe power supply directly via
> the top to the fin.

> 4) Ground and power leads for the strobe are not shared with anything
> else. Even the navigation lamps (same housing as strobes) have their
> own
> power leads, which follow a different routing than the strobe cables.

Did you separate the strobe wiring for your wingtip from that for your
position lights? Do you then have separate connectors for your strobes
and position lights at the wing root?

I too have a tail strobe...a nice little combo (strobe/LED position)
unit from Kuntzelmann. It came with 25 feet of 5 wire shielded cable...
3 for the strobe; 2 for the LEDs...

You seem to be suggesting that it would be best practice to toss the 5
wire cable and use separate 3 wire shielded for the strobe and route
it separate from the position light wiring.

Please confirm,

Fred
A194

--