RE: Europa-List: Wing skin separation HELP

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Wing skin separation HELP
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:59:39

Will,

Using just a heat gun would make it very difficult to get started. If it was
me I would make up a "heat box" out of wood, with a long about 2 inch
opening, with a heat gun at each end. It would need some holes to let the
hot air escape. Hold it on top of the joint long enough to let the redux
soften (trial and error) . Using a spatula, try lifting the skin along that
section. Once you get one end separated, you may be able to loosen the
remainder with just a heat gun and metal spatula.

Karl