Re: Europa-List: Wing skin separation HELP

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing skin separation HELP
From: David Glauser <dglauser@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:17:39

I had a similar problem after closing my wings. In my case, the plys were in
the correct orientation but there were some gaps between the rear closeout
and both the base and the top. (I found these with the aid of a small TV
camera on the end of a stick, run through panels cut un the wings.) After
consultation with Kim Prout, I cut access panels out of the wing and did the
repairs through the holes. Then I closed the holes using the usual
techniques - add a large flange around the hole that overlaps well onto the
wing (inside), then use the cut-out piece of wing as a closeout panel after
applying reinforcement to it too.

dg