Re: Europa-List: RE: fitting gascolator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: fitting gascolator
From: Michael Grass <M.Grass@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 10:24:04

Richard,

With the greatest respect, I think you read to much into this loose
statement. The US builder currently bys from Europa 2004 in the UK direct.
This means same pricing. On the other hand, yes that was the price range
when I bought my ship  but that was a few years back. I remember the UK
pricelist was much lower then compared to today. Interestingly here in the
US if you buy out of state often you do not pay VAT but they get you later
with the first registration. Anyway, here in the US it is custom to list the
prices before taxes. And as another factor also keep in mind that the US
dollar lost about 30% (loose statement! not exact!) in the last 2-3 years
against the UK Pound. With al this said, I feel now being overcharged here
in the US, but the exchange rate is not the fault of  Europa 2004.

Michael Grass
A266 . Trigear, Detroit Michigan