Re: Europa-List: RE: fitting gascolator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: fitting gascolator
From: Trevpond@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 07:21:58

rholder@avnet.co.uk writes:

I am  surprised no-one has picked up on one item in Jeff's
mail.

He talks  about $26K for a kit. I assume that is stages 1,
2 & 3 with no firewall  forward. The price here in England
is 20,795 GBP and I expect VAT is to be  added making it
24,434. (mono)
.
Even without VAT the 20,795 GBP  becomes around $35k or
$36k. Yet kits sold in the US have been shipped  across the
Atlantic.

So Jeff paid $10k less than a Brit would have  even without
adding VAT which would be another $5k.

So were they  being sold at a loss in the US (I wonder what
the current quoted US price  is) or are we in England being
overcharged ?

I could rant more but  it is time to go out :-)

Richard Holder

I suspect that the US prices were K.W'isms

Trev Pond
Kit 598 and very difinately still smiling