Re: Europa-List: EZ-TRIM Altitude Hold

Subject: Re: Europa-List: EZ-TRIM Altitude Hold
From: Gerry Holland <gnholland@onetel.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:01:34

Paul Hi!

> I would be interested to know if anyone has one of these units flying.  A
> friend of mine built one for his RV6, but he could never get it to work
> properly.  Ultimately he re designed his unit, and he needed to supplement
> the pressure sensor with a solid state gyro.  He also needed to change the
> software significantly by adding in PID algorithms.  It took him a bout a
> year to shake it all down, but it now works really nicely.

Thanks for that update. PID Algorithms are now available as part of the
Basic upload. The PID011501.bs2 source includes modest correction logic. As
the plane continues to deviate a extra amount of integral correction is
added for the next correction. So it alters it's response but starts with a
modest correction.

Any website I can go to see this guys amendments?

I'm still trying to sort out the handshake to allow upload of the source
file!

Regards

Gerry