Re: Europa-List: Through the firewall

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Through the firewall
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 14:55:45

Mike, It has worked well for me having fuel pumps, a fuel pressure sensor
and a mini gascolator with drain plug venting down thru an access hatch,
(this being the lowest point of fuel system on a mono), all under the
starboard baggage bay. The fuel pipes run forward as per Europa instructions
thru the wheel well and have been fine.
          My battery (and several others' batteries) have worked very
conveniently mounted firewall forward above pax footwell - and this is with
914 & wobbly prop, (admittedly a Kremen/Woodcomp, which are as light as they
get). I would certainly recommend putting it there until proved otherwise,
and even if you need to fix the odd pound of lead  to the stern post to give
your optimum C of G posn.You save a fair amount of weight through only
having short heavy duty cable runs and very simple fixing arrangements, and
it is convenient for working on anything in the engine compartment.
         Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ