Re: Europa-List: Through the firewall

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Through the firewall
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 19:38:02

Mike

The fuel pump and gas collator could be installed in the tunnel if you are
building a trigear.  On a Mono, the fuel lines run nicely in the top corner
of the tunnel. They will have to go into the Engine compartment through the
Stainless Steel unless you bring them inside the cockpit and then through
the firewall with a bulkhead fitting. I did it both ways, first through the
SS on Bob's Mono, and then into the cockpit at the very front of the tunnel
and then through the firewall. This last method allows for a very nice way
to connect the engine fuel hoses to a solid fitting.

Battery   Not everyone puts the batter in the back.  I have mine in the
engine compartment ware it belongs.  Yes it moves the CG foreword.  That is
not all bd. The way my plane came out, it would take a very heavy load of
baggage to get an aft CG. I don't think a foreword Cg is bad. Most Europas
require nose down trim when in cruse anyway.

Remember, I am "amanature builder"

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020