Europa-List: Top On!

Subject: Europa-List: Top On!
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 19:59:00

Good day all,

Well, I was going away for a three week vacation and really wanted to have
the top on before I left so it would have the three weeks to cure undisturbed.

Got all the last minute things done that I had planned to do. With the  help
of my wife and son (home from Iraq for good) we went through all the moans
and groans but got the top on successfully.
Now I come home, start going through the 300+ Europa Forum emails  and  see
this Mod 70 thing pop up! Might I suggest to the powers that be, that if
something like this is in the pipeline, maybe put out an advisory about the
nature

of the  problem while you are still working on it so that people can  adjust
their schedule, or not, with this in mind.
Anyway, the top is on. I will decide what to do about the Mod 70 later. For
now I want to ask a question in order to not redo things later. After the top
is  on, we are supposed to put re enforcing BID strips from the seat up the
sidewall  to the door frame in order to spread out the stress from the landing

gear. The instructions call for two plies of BID over a 7 mm piece of fitted
foam. This would cover the bolt heads of the front wing bracket. So a simple
question.....Wouldn't the sidewall be stronger without the foam? What am I
missing?

Mike Duane  A207
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
Top on....but too late  for Mod 70! Damn!