Re: Europa-List: Top On!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Top On!
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:50:39

>got the top on successfully.
>Now I come home, start going through the 300+ Europa Forum emails  and  see
>this Mod 70 thing pop up! Might I suggest to the powers that be, that if
>something like this is in the pipeline, maybe put out an advisory
>about the  nature
>of the  problem while you are still working on it so that people can  adjust
>their schedule, or not, with this in mind.

Mike - I don't think I have any powers, but I did make a posting
about this some time ago:

>Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:00:07 +0000
>To: Europa e-mail list <europa-list@matronics.com>
>From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
>Subject: Europa-List: fitting the fuselage top
>

>I've just received the latest copy of the CAA Safety Investigation
>and Data Department Occurence Listing, which reports the failure of a
>Europa mass balance arm rod end during taxi.
>
>This could have spoiled someone's whole day if it had occurred during flight.
>
>I expect there will be some sort of fix recommended (or even
>mandated) for this.
>
>I note some folk recently asking questions like "what should I do
>before sticking the top on?". If you can afford to wait until
>whatever fix is announced before you bond the fuselage top on, you
>might save yourself a lot of uncomfortable wriggling later.
>
>regards
>
>Rowland
>--
>
>| Rowland Carson  PFA #16532 <http://home.clara.net/rowil/aviation/>
>| 740 hours building Europa #435 G-ROWI  e-mail <rowil@clara.net>

There were several follow-up messages from various people.

Sorry if you didn't notice this at the time.

regards

Rowland
PS yes, the signature lines are correct - I have only managed 10
hours building since then  :-(