RE: Europa-List: Two points

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Two points
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:09:23

Hi Nigel

The thing with a lazy thermostat is you know it is not working properly
well before it becomes a real problem.

The other down side for us old chaps with bad memory is remembering to
adjust the flap that controls the oil temperature!  It is something else
to remember, I know eventually it would be left on when it should be off
or vis versa.  It is a bit like carb heat controls that we all know have
to be operated but aeroplanes loose engine power regularly because of
carb icing.  The thermostat just gets on with it and does not require me
to do anything.  I totally agree with you about mod approval, but I
still know which I would prefer.

There are aeroplanes (not Europas as far as I know) out there with both
oil and water thermostats which are, I believe, approved mods.

Regards

Pete