RE: Europa-List: Two points

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Two points
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:42:04

Morning Nigel

When did you last have a termostat fail on a car?  I spent 20 years
driving upwards of 50,000 a year with my wife's car doing an additional
10,000 and in all that time I have not replaced one thermostat.  On the
other hand I have had to change bowden cables on aeroplanes serveral
times, even one of the throttle cables on the Europa has needed
changing.

Even if your thermostat does fail cutting out the radiator it still does
not stop the oil flowing.

Regards

Pete