Re: Europa-List: Two points

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Two points
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:43:26

> Secondly. Has anyone fitted an oil-stat in the oil lines
> to the oil cooler ? Mine is always running cold, even with
> various baffles/blanking plates around the radiator. An
> oil stat might help. I had one on my rally car years ago.

It's a restriction when cold, so you can't put it in the line coming
---From the sump.  The only place to put it is in the supply line to the
oil pump, but still a restriction when cold.  For purposes of flight,
such experimentation doesn't suit me at least.  :-)  In the rally car
setup, I'll guess the oil cooler is an add-on, set up so if not
needed, the engine cools its oil like on all our cars driven in a more
conservative manner?

Reg,
Fred F.