Re: SLIME

Subject: Re: SLIME
From: William Mills <combined.merchants@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 07:10:41

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nigel Charles" <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re:  SLIME / Jacking

Nigel,
I have been trying to design a light-weight, clip-on bracket to fit the mono
U/C fork web, so that it could be carried at all times in the A/C in case of
a puncture.  Most airfields could probably come up with a trolley jack, so
if there was a device to provide a level jacking point to fit to the front
of the fork web, the wheel could be removed easily for repair using a
trolley jack.  It would take the form of a wedge and probably have to be
made from stout aluminium (8mm) and would need to be welded together, which
makes it difficult for home manufacture. Have you, or anybody else, any
ideas to offer?
I like the idea of moving the calliper to the in-line position, because mine
has already worn a groove in the tyre wall. Cannot we have a Club mod. to
displace the rudder cables to accommodate the new position? I haven't tried
moving mine but I anticipate a clash.
Best wishes,
William