Re: SLIME

Subject: Re: SLIME
From: Kevin Taylor <kevin@eastyorkshire.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 09:15:18
Paul/Carl,

Well all I can say is we need the means to repair punctures to get us home
somehow. I recently had a puncture and had to leave my trigear. For ease I
asked the local engineer, at the field I had to leave the plane at, to
repair it. I got the bill  the other day and it was 143!

He charged 48 plus vat for the tyre which I get for 28 (including vat and
carriage), 36 plus vat for the tube, One and half hours labour at 28 per
hour oh yes then there is vat on that too!

143 odd. I could have done it for 65 maximum and it certainly wouldn't
have taken me anything like an hour and half!

Regards

Kev T