Re: SLIME

Subject: Re: SLIME
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 11:55:47
Message text written by Paul Boulet
>jacking the
aircraft up to change the tyre is not very easy. I had intended to modify a
trolly jack to enable me to lift the aircraft in such a situation.<

I thought the David Watts idea using some blocks with padding made the job
easier than for the trigear. It doesn't even need a jack. I have used this
technique with a trestle to check gear retractions and it is quite
straightforward if you have 3 people (one to lift the tail, one to hold the
wings level and one to insert the trestle). If a second trestle is
available it can be done with 2 people.

Nigel Charles