Re: SLIME

Subject: Re: SLIME
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 22:17:13
Sorry to hear you had problems using SLIME. I dont recall having any
difficulty but I note that there are several different types for tubed and
tubeless tyres. I wonder if you were using the correct grade - only a
thought.

For my own part, anything that will save me having to change the tyre in the
field or anywhere else for that matter has got to be a good thing. I will
certainly give it a go. Last time I changed the tyre (and that was in my
workshop) it was a real hassle - separating the tyre from the rim is very
difficult unless you have the proper compressing equipment (as in a tyre
shop). Tyre levers on their own are absolutely hopeless - Fairy Liquid helps
though.

Incidentally, in the UK at least SLIME seems to be stocked at all good bike
shops (or so I am told). According to their application instructions a
Europa tyre would require about 7 oz, so a 16 oz bottle would treat the
mainwheel and leave some over to treat the trailer tyres. Cost 9.00 for the
16oz bottle or a fiver for the 8 oz bottle.

The manufacturers very informative site is http://www.slimesealant.com/

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS

From: "Paul Boulet" <possible2do@yahoo.com>

I've had poor luck using Slime on more than one occassion.  No matter what I
tried I could not get the stuff to go into the tire.  It keeps jamming
up...which is great if you have a leak but not so good when you're trying to
get the stuff into the tire.  Yes I had the tire deflated and the valve stem
removed.  I'll never buy the stuff again.
Paul Boulet, A212
 Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:I know that there has
been quite a lot of discussion about Europa punctures