Re: Variable flaps (was OR5)

Subject: Re: Variable flaps (was OR5)
From: Richard Meredith-Hardy <rmh@flymicro.winuk.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 22:09:16
psl wrote:

>It occurred to me that rigging up some sort of spring arrangement between
>the flaps and the outrigger mechanism might also work, i.e. going to full
>flap (maybe as much as 40 deg.) would lock them down, they'd stay down at
>20 deg., then retract when the flaps were raised from there on up.  I
>doubt that I'd need more than the two positions.

This is my point in the first place.  The reason for the slot in
OR5 is to cope with a range of flap settings without unlatching the
OR (std OR5, c. 20 - 30deg) the spring in normal circumstances
latches the OR at about 20deg, however (whoops - a great big tree
has just fallen over in the garden) if it gets stuck with the std
max at 27deg... see my earlier posts.

Regards;

Richard Meredith-Hardy
rmh@flymicro.win-uk.net  Tel: 01462 834776 FAX: 01462 732668