Re: Variable flaps (was OR5)

Subject: Re: Variable flaps (was OR5)
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 07:58:00
In a message dated 15/02/97  10:55:20, you write:

>>2 flap settings, and have the outriggers latch and release at both
settings<<.

IMHO that would be a touch ambitious and certainly in the #15/hr class. The
serial mechanical link from flap lever through flaps to outriggers is against
it. You would indeed almost be  forced to motorise the outriggers.

I had in mind  just disconnecting the flap rod from the u/c and coupling a
separate lever with intermediate stages for base leg and finals (was I taught
too long ago ?) leaving the outriggers unlocked until reaching full flap.

A large flywheel could stabilise the a/c on the ground in case you forget to
use full flap....(:-)), oops, sorry we haven't got a joke channel yet.

Graham C.