Re: Variable flaps (was OR5)

Subject: Re: Variable flaps (was OR5)
From: Peter S. Lert <peterlert@montrose.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 08:32:58
Thanks, Andy--

        I'd actually envisioned something a bit simpler--perhaps a big
"hairpin" spring arrangement built into the outrigger system to allow the
outriggers to go down and lock at about half flap, then allow the flap to
continue down the rest of the way as required.

        On the other hand, if the 150-hp version of the Zoche aero diesel
ever becomes available (weighs less than the 914!), then I could probably
take off straight up even with flaps deflected 60 degrees a` la "Lift
Dump" on the HS-125!

immigrants.  Before refrigerators, people actually sawed ice from
northern lakes in winter, packed it in sawdust, and shipped it all over
the country.

        That being said, as an "overseas member of the Real Beer
movement," I agree completely that English beer--what we Demned Colonists
would probably call "ale"--should indeed be drunk (as should those who
consume it) at room temperature.  On the other hand, since most of your
pubs have Lucas heaters...