Re: Variable flaps (was OR5)

Subject: Re: Variable flaps (was OR5)
From: Peter S. Lert <peterlert@montrose.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 10:15:31
I'm seriously interested in variable flaps, not so much for
landing as due to the fact that at an airfield elevation of 9100 ft. MSL
I'll need all the help I can get on takeoff, even with a 914 and magic
propeller (if I can ever afford either of those!).

        Didn't YURO have a separate flap control?  And, if so, was there
some scheme to work its outriggers from the gear handle, or were they
linked with the flaps?  Perhaps someone from the factory could advise.

        Alternatively, electric actuation of the outriggers--using
something like car window lift motors--doesn't look like an
insurmountable obstacle.  I'd add tip skids as backup, though--I've had
my share of electrical problems.

Q:        Why do you Brits drink your beer at room temperature?

A:        Because you have Lucas refrigerators...