Re: Europa-List: Flying with full down trim

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flying with full down trim
From: David stranfaer <stranfaer@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 18:38:01

Did you also try the other way eg full up?

Sent from Davids iPhone

> On 30 Mar 2022, at 18:02, Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:
>

> So after reading that very strange European accident report which attributed
cause to the full down trim and stick forces, i decided to give it a try.

> Conclusion: balderdash.
>
> My classic has a typical slight rear of center CG, trim indicator calibrated
to read center when the trim is in line with the fuse-tailplane-moulding, and
typically take off with 2.5 lines down trim on the indicator.

> I flew 1.2hrs, including 2 circuits, from startup to shutdown at full down
> trim
without issue.  Sure the feel/pressure is off, but nothing of major concern.
Surely not anything startling.

> Sure, every plane flys differently, but i still cannot understand that reports
conclusions. Fuel starvation on a steep climb-out appears to me to be the more
reasonable conclusion.