Re: Europa-List: Flying with full down trim

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flying with full down trim
From: Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 18:26:05

Pete,
Did you try trim all the way up?
Christoph

On 2022-03-30, 2:02 PM, "owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com on behalf of
Pete"
<owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com on behalf of peterz@zutrasoft.com>
wrote:

    CAUTION: This email comes from outside Acadia. Verify the sender and use
caution
with any requests, links or attachments.

    So after reading that very strange European accident report which attributed
cause to the full down trim and stick forces, i decided to give it a try.

    Conclusion: balderdash.

    My classic has a typical slight rear of center CG, trim indicator calibrated
to read center when the trim is in line with the fuse-tailplane-moulding, and
typically take off with 2.5 lines down trim on the indicator.

    I flew 1.2hrs, including 2 circuits, from startup to shutdown at full down
trim without issue.  Sure the feel/pressure is off, but nothing of major
concern.
Surely not anything startling.

    Sure, every plane flys differently, but i still cannot understand that
reports
conclusions. Fuel starvation on a steep climb-out appears to me to be the
more reasonable conclusion.

    FWIW YMMV etc.

    Cheers,
    PeteZ