Europa-List: Flying with full down trim

Subject: Europa-List: Flying with full down trim
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 13:01:28

So after reading that very strange European accident report which attributed
cause
to the full down trim and stick forces, i decided to give it a try.

Conclusion: balderdash.

My classic has a typical slight rear of center CG, trim indicator calibrated to
read center when the trim is in line with the fuse-tailplane-moulding, and
typically
take off with 2.5 lines down trim on the indicator.

I flew 1.2hrs, including 2 circuits, from startup to shutdown at full down trim
without issue.  Sure the feel/pressure is off, but nothing of major concern.
Surely not anything startling.

Sure, every plane flys differently, but i still cannot understand that reports
conclusions. Fuel starvation on a steep climb-out appears to me to be the more
reasonable conclusion.

FWIW YMMV etc.

Cheers,
PeteZ