Europa-List: Re: Flying with full down trim

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Flying with full down trim
From: dmac7 <dmac7@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 11:56:37

Pete thanks for testing this config, good to know. I think of the Swiss cheese
model of accident factor's, the report said take-off was attempted with nearly
empty fuel tank ( 6.5 liters or less in main ), on a day with winds 15kt gusting
23kt not a good day for a steep climb out, and pilots habit of steep climbs,
the trim situation may or may not have been different than previous flights.
They didn't address the likelihood  of fuel starvation at the steep pitch angle
with low fuel in the tank.  We can only try to learn from this, mistakes...
we all make em.  Keeping a little distance from the edge of the performance
envelope seems a good idea.

Read this topic online here: