Re: Europa-List: Re: Flying with full down trim

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Flying with full down trim
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 07:14:23

Correct, and my trim motor was also at its down limit..and consistent with my
findings.
Cheers,
PeteZ

> On Mar 31, 2022, at 5:43 AM, Area-51 <goldsteinindustrial@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> So just to clarify this Pete; was it the trim indicator on the instrument
> panel
that you set at the full down position? My aircraft flies fine with full down
trim selected though its not very comfortable on departure or approach and
requires a higher pilot work load. With 2 bars down trim selected my
observations
show the aircraft wanting to pitch up on departure as speed increases; again
uncomfortable flying if trim is not adjusted down further.

> Interesting point made regarding departure attitude and possible fuel
> starvation.
Many factors, haven't read the incident report; was aux fuel pump on? Why
did the pilot elect to take off with such a low fuel reserve? Was reserve
position
selected at the fuel valve?