Europa-List: Re: Question for European friends re E10 car fuel

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Question for European friends re E10 car fuel
From: Dave Disney <davedisney@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 13:45:21

Hi Jonathan,

My understanding is that the Rotax 912 series is perfectly OK using E10 fuel,
it's
the other items in the fuel system that you need to consider such as the fuel
tank, fuel lines, electric pump, gascolator, etc.

But why use E10 when there are forecourt alternatives that have no ethanol?

Depending on your location in the UK, Esso Synergy Supreme +99 has no ethanol
and an octaine rating of 99 see here
https://www.esso.co.uk/en-gb/fuels/petrol. I have been used Esso Supreme since
2013 and checked every batch for ethanol - there is none.

Although I haven't checked, I understand that some other 'premium' fuels are
ethanol
free. Don't be fooled by the labels on the pumps 'E5' means up to 5% ethanol,
so some are ethanol free. Premium grade fuels do not have to change to E10
yet, check the forecourts and you will see that the premium fuels are still
labelled E5.

My advice is to check out your local supplies of Premium grade fuels and check
the ethanol content yourself using one of these
https://www.parts4aircraft.com/alcohol-in-fuel-tester

It's also worth checking SL-912-016R2 from Rotax

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/sl_912_016r2_914_014r2_essential_information_regarding_engine_behavior_performance_and_manifold_pressure_data_for_rotax_engine_types_912_and_914_series_135.pdf