Europa-List: Question for European friends re E10 car fuel

Subject: Europa-List: Question for European friends re E10 car fuel
From: JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 11:36:47

Fellow Europa pilots and pilots of all aircraft fitted with Rotax 912 engines
throughout
the European union. Please tell me if you are happily using E10 fuel
---From petrol stations without ill effects.

Until this year we in the UK have been using E5 car fuel, but have been
officially
informed that from September the garage fuel pumps and nozzles will be showing
E10. Of course this is causing some concern and discussion in the flying
community, with many stating that they will feel forced to start using UL91
which
between 40% and 50% more expensive per litre.

Someone was telling me today that EU pilots have been using E10 for many years
without noticeable problems. Is this true? Thank you.

Jonathan
Europa Classic G-EIKY

Read this topic online here: