Europa-List: Nigel Graham

Subject: Europa-List: Nigel Graham
From: Roger Sheridan <rogersheridan@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 18:35:13
Nigel was always friendly, hospitable & generous with his time and
attention.

Also a deep thinker who came up with his own considered opinions &
solutions rather than following the herd.

This was my favourite posting (attachment) & illustrates that Nigel
could talk the talk & walk the walk.

In the =9CCutting-Room=9D with a roll of =9Cblack
gold=9D. Top Cowl laminatedforums.matronics.com =BA download
<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=
1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjMqcbH3IPnAhVyThUIHQ-GCp8QFjAAegQIBhAC&u
rl=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.matronics.com%2Fdownload.php%3Fid%3D32179%26sid%3
De687d3b721c641bbf5b7890135cad7b3&usg=AOvVaw0fGGGiASfRAUq-0vNCssV0>

It was a privilege to know him.

Roger

We camped at the LAA rally one year

<grahamsingleton@btinternet.com> wrote:

<grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>

> A chapter ends and a new one begins. I=99ve known Nigel for
something like 25 years now. We first met through Gernot Schwetz, who
> built a lovely Classic, I helped Gernot convert the Classic tailwheel
to the XS style but retaining the original belcrank and rudder pushrod.
> Nigel was working in Belgium at the time, on IT I think. He brought
along some excellent Belgian beer. Gernot died some years ago after he
> moved to Naples in Florida. We had some memorable long weekends at
Steve Pitt=99s place in Florida. I remember Gernot cooking some
wonderful
> fresh lobsters and teaching us how to chop onions without including
finger ends in the meal!

> I=99ve watched the Callysto project since it=99s very
early days in the tiny garage in Chandlers Ford and wringing my hands
every time LAA changed some
> meinor requirement. =9CNigel! Please don=99t make the
mistake I did! Not getting the Long EZ airworthy until I was too old to
fly it.=9D
> Nigel was still talking about modifying it yet again to fly with only
one rudder pedal, that was only a few months ago. Now he will have to
fly it sitting on the shoulder of
> the final builder, please fly it soon, I=99d love to see it fly.
It is a work of art.

<77alembert@gmail.com>

>> Nigel Graham, what can I say: an inspired designer with a great
knowledge and ability about all things composite (and more).
>> Always more than willing to share that knowledge and encourage others
giving his time unselfishly to those who asked for it.
>> He gave excellent technical assistance and found parts for myself and
another Europa pilot/builder when we had to repair some damage several
years ago. He was and remained a good friend and source of knowledge,
inspiration, great humour and banter hors pair.