Europa-List: Nigel Graham

Subject: Europa-List: Nigel Graham
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 14:59:39

It is a very sad duty for me to report that Nigel Graham died last
night. He will be sorely missed by his family, his friends and by the
Europa community. For those privileged to know him he was simply one of
the nicest persons imaginable, always cheerful, knowledgeable and
generous in giving his time and expertise to others. He made a major
contribution to the Europa community with his work as Mods secretary and
was also central to the major improvements to the club website and
financial systems. His highly original ideas to produce a next
generation Europa in the form of the Calypso were inspirational.

 Nigel was unlucky enough to develop a rare and highly malignant form of
cancer for which no treatment is available other than radical surgery.
His tumour was so advanced that the prospects for cure were low, and he
was told that the surgery would leave him significantly disabled but
typically he elected to go ahead with it. He endured the procedure with
great courage and had got to the stage of being optimistic, when
tragically recurrence of tumour became apparent.

 On behalf of the Europa Club let me say, "Thank you, Nigel and may you
rest in peace."

 David Joyce, Chairman