Re: Europa-List: Nigel Graham

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Nigel Graham
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 12:12:41
I=99m greatly saddened to hear of the death of Nigel.  He was a
sterling individual who will be greatly missed by this community.

Our prayers go out for Nigel and to his family.

Bob & Maureen Borger

> On Jan 10, 2020, at 8:59 AM, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>
> It is a very sad duty for me to report that Nigel Graham died last
night. He will be sorely missed by his family, his friends and by the
Europa community. For those privileged to know him he was simply one of
the nicest persons imaginable, always cheerful, knowledgeable  and
generous in giving his time and expertise to others. He made a major
contribution to the Europa community with his work as Mods secretary and
was also central to the major improvements to the club website and
financial systems. His highly original ideas  to produce a next
generation Europa in the form of the Calypso were inspirational.

>      Nigel was unlucky enough to develop a rare and highly malignant
form of cancer for which no treatment is available other than radical
surgery. His tumour was so advanced that the prospects for cure were
low, and he was told that the surgery would leave him significantly
disabled but  typically he elected to go ahead with it. He endured the
procedure with great courage and had got to the stage of being
optimistic, when tragically recurrence of tumour became apparent.