RE: Europa-List: Re: LAA Airworthiness Alert. AIL December 2017 All Euro

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: LAA Airworthiness Alert. AIL December 2017 All Europas
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies44@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 14:18:13

Update on the LAA Standard Mod for UK owners to replace the XS filler elbow
with an aluminium one.  The Mod is now prepared and is awaiting final
signature. It will approve the use of Tim's 53 degree elbow and also a 60
degree elbow that is available ex-stock from http://www.autosiliconehoses.com
Look under Custom Alloy Hose Pipe Joiner.  They cost Uk12 plus postage.  Tim's
elbow is a better fit in most installations but if you are in a hurry and
cannot wait for the next production run you have the option of the 60 degree
elbow available now.
The Standard Mod requires the use of fuel proof connecting hoses ( Samco
Profuel or equivalent) and this is available in short lengths from
www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk  currently on 22 days back order, currently UK 11.24
plus VAT and postage.

That should give you sufficient information to order parts with confidence that
the Mod will be available by the time you have the parts.

Regards

Brian