Europa-List: Re: Throttle cables

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Throttle cables
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 16:18:41

We installed solid wire throttle cables during our initial build and they have
performed perfectly for over 12 years, 900 hours. We copied Erich Trombleys
install.
Unfortunately we cant find our original notes or photos.  Sorry!

We initially tried to replace the stranded core of the supplied cables with
piano
wire.  The piano wire we purchased came tightly rolled about 6 inches in
diameter.
We were unable to get the wire straight enough to work properly in the
sheath.

We ultimately purchased Bowden cable from Aircraft Spruce (p/n 05-15500).  To
connect
to the throttle arm in the aircraft, we used small round pulleys, AN111-3
cable bushings and wrapped the wire around them and secured them with clamps,
we think similar to cable end fitting (ACS p/n 15-06291 or 05-16100).  We used
adjusters at the throttle box as well as at the carbs, (Lockwood BR03K).
We recall drilling out the ID of the adjusters to accept the diameter of the
sheath.

Jim & Heather

Read this topic online here: