Europa-List: Re: Throttle cables

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Throttle cables
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 19:57:50
Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response, however, it seems I haven=99t been
 receiving the Europa List Digest.  Thought I would check the Matronics
site and sure enough I missed the last week or so of email traffic.

Anyway, as Jim & Heather noted in their post I used a Bowden cable from
Aircraft Spruce (p/n 05-15500) and wrapped it around a small round cable
 bushing, AN111-3, forming a =9C?=9D  This way the cable end
s up on the centerline on the bushing.   I can=99t recall if I Red
ux it or soldered the cable to the busing.  Has worked without issue for
 the last 15 years.

Also, using a Bowden cable is in my opinion superior to the Rotax cable.
  With the latter you must rely on the springs to advance the cable as y
ou can=99t effectively push a rope.  There has been at least one i
ncident in which the cable kinked when the throttle was advanced too qui
ckly. This can=99t happen with a Bowden cable as it is designed fo
r push-pull applications.

Good luck,
Erich Trombley
N28ET