Europa-List: SV: Re: SV: fuel flow and return line status

Subject: Europa-List: SV: Re: SV: fuel flow and return line status
From: gtagr <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:07:52

Hi Svein,

I have the std restrictor, so I guess its the same as yours.  I think that
compared
to the 'average' K factor figure for the actual fuel flow rate at taxi and
under full power are probably out, but for an 'average' flight - which accounts
for my airframe drag, prop type (I've a fixed pitch warpdrive) and the power
settings I tend to use, the average useage stacks up (now) with the observed
consumption based upon measured full tank and bowser meter quantities to refill
it.  I do get a readout of about 9lit/hr at idle and just over 20 at full
power - and a readout of around 15lit/hr in the cruise around 115kts.

I simply dial in the known quantity in the tank into my Stratomaster at the
beginning
of each flight (if I've added fuel).  I did try to get it to sense the
actual quantity in the tank using the fuel probe, but never got it to work.

Read this topic online here: