Europa-List: Re: SV: fuel flow and return line status

Subject: Europa-List: Re: SV: fuel flow and return line status
From: gtagr <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 07:18:22

Hello Svein,
I created the original fuel flow SM12209 Modification and asked Ian Rickard to
get it 'passed' for use on my TriGear, through the LAA.

I also have a 912S and have been using this MOD since early 2009 - my a/c has
completed
about 150hrs with it fitted - including about 35hr around France and
Italy on one of the Europa Club trips.  I have a single FloScan 201A sensor and
a Stratomaster Infinity readout unit combination installed.

Over the time of its use I have calibrated it by adjusting the readout units K
factor and conclude that it is accurate within about a 5% error.  I agree that
the flow rates change with engine speed but propose that the average accuracy
is quite good enough to keep track of useage and cross-correlate with my two
other forms of fuel quantity monitoring, a capacitance fuel probe and the
sight-glass
tube arrangement - though the latter does not seem to be very useful in
the air due to ram-effect air pushing down the fuel level in the tube.

I've fitted my sensor in the ine bwtween the electric boost pump outlet and the
mechanical pump inlet.

Clive. :)

Read this topic online here: