Europa-List: SV: Re: SV: fuel flow and return line status

Subject: Europa-List: SV: Re: SV: fuel flow and return line status
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 03:13:36

Hi Svein,
I am looking fwd seeing your measured return flow in flight. Years ago, I made
some measurements of return flow with the engine stopped using the electric pump
only and testing several restrictor diameters. It will be interesting to compare
our respective figures.
Regarding  a possible plugged restrictor, I experienced just that years ago.
When
I stopped the engine, the fuel pressure stayed where it was and it took a few
minutes before dropping very very slowly. That is because the fuel trapped
in the lines between the mechanical fuel pump and the carbs has  (almost) no way
to escape due to the blocked restrictor.
So now while shutting down the engine, I monitor  the fuel pressure to make sure
it drops to zero  instantly.
Remi Guerner
F-PGKL Monowheel , 912ULS, 996 hours

Read this topic online here: