RE: Europa-List: Re: Electric Trim Problems

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Electric Trim Problems
From: Mike Parkin <mikenjulie.parkin@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 20:59:49

>As we didn't build the aeroplane any suggestions where we might find the
thing? I suspect behind the panel close to the isolator switch might be a
>good starting point. Last help, Is taking the panel off easy, or a sod of a
job ?

>John.

John,

Take care before ripping into the instrument panel.  If the installation has
a single rocker switch for the pitch trim, it is quite possible that there
is not a relay deck fitted.  A relay deck is not required in the basic
system.  It depends on the rating of the switch contacts, the contacts of
the supplied rocker switch were up to the task.

If your 'coolie hat' stick top is a Ray Allen one, in the basic
configuration, it does not require a relay deck.

If you can contact the original builder, tips on panel removal would be very
useful.  I know of some installations that were not designed to be
removable.

Regards,

Mike.