Re: Europa-List: Aft battery

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aft battery
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 13:21:57

Hi David

I calculated CG with battery mounted onfirewall
versus aft mounting butting baggage ribs. Even with using number 4 copper
Tefzel cable there is a weight savings with an aft battery. I have my
PC545 mounted aft of baggage bulkhead and there is even more of a weight
savings andusing #4 copper clad aluminium wire as sold by Eric
Jones, even more. One advantage for me is i am not using a battery main
relay, but instead a switch from Flaming river mounted on the headrest. I
also have a selection of circuit breakers and switches just aft of
passeneger headrest. an aft battery easily allows this. For simplicity no
question battery on firewall, for weight savings aft mounted.
Here is
stuff in headrest that aft mounting makes possible that moves CG aft as
well:
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=30502
I have my shoulder harness mounted just aft of rear door closeout so
passenger headrest need not be very structural:
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=27386
Switch saves weight and power over relay, details:
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=30683
Ron Parigoris