Re: Europa-List: Aft battery

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aft battery
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 12:08:19
Ferg,

Go to my build web site, album Year#7 Q3 2008, page 5 and you will see a
couple pics on how I handled the situation.

My friend Tommy made the base and strap for the battery so it is metal.
When a friend asks to help, you don't question, you accept the
assistance.
I probably would have done something with a thin sheet of urethane foam
covered in a ply or two of fiberglass, but this worked very well.
You can see that it was bonded under the starboard side baggage bay with
Araldite so there are no holes in the fuselage and it's not going
anywhere.

Hope this helps...

Check six,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Aircraft Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117

On Jan 2, 2010, at 8:23, Fergus Kyle wrote:

> I seem to recall someone placing his/her battery aft to balance the
aircraft.  I would like to ask if that someone would be kind enough to
describe how the square-type item is mounted in the roundie-kind aft
fuselage ' contoured bulkheads, foam filler, size plywood etc.