RE: Europa-List: Aft battery

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Aft battery
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 22:23:08
Hi! Ferg
Happy New Year .
I started with a serious weight and balance issue with the Jabiru 6
seemingly needing the battery mounted aft. I made a base out of foam and
glassed it all to the floor with hard points and  through bolts to restrain
the battery ...until I found that the length of the leads so needed wouldn't
start the damn engine! Reverted to mounting them on the passenger side foot
well within about 18" of the starter and then never had a problem with
weight and balance OR starting! But have two Oddesy 13AH Batteries in
parallel and a heavy duty starter on my now 914 !
Happy Days !
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG

  _____