Re: Europa-List: Anyone have info how they mounted wing tip strobe power

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Anyone have info how they mounted wing tip strobe power
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:31:53

Bob...thanks for all this info...sounds like an exquisite
installation...I have a couple questions, inserted and indented below.

> I have a Bob Archer Model 6 big E antenna in the tail with the coax
> running forward to the center seam then down the fuselage port side
> seam thence following the fuselage seam to the firewall.

        I take it the coax is on the centerline of the "roof" (not the floor)
of the fuselage.

> I have an AAE VHF-5T mounted vertically on the port side window
> frame down to the floor with the connector at the fuselage seam and
> the coax running along the seam forward to the firewall.

        ok

> I have two Bob Archer Model 7 "V" antennas for VHF Nav.

        Why two?...Are you running dual Navs? Are you IFR equipped?

        (Note: The Aviator's Guide to GPS sez the FAA's phase-out of the
whole VOR/DME network is                                expected to be complete
by 2010...or has
that been postponed?)

> One mounted on the bottom of the fuselage aft of the baggage bay
> with the coax running down the center line to the front of the lower
> baggage bay where it turns port and runs up the fuselage to the seam
> and then forward to the firewall.

        ok

> The second is in the area over the baggage bay with the coax running
> forward to the back door frame where it turns port and down to the
> fuselage seam then forward to the firewall.

        Is this antenna superimposed over the coax from the Big E?

> Finally, I have a Bob Archer Model 5 Transponder antenna mounted on
> the port side of the balance arm containment with the coax running
> down to the bottom and up the side of the fuselage to the seam and
> forward to the firewall.

        ok

> All the antenna coax run down the port side fuselage seam  All
> electrical stuff runs down the starboard side fuselage seam.  Not
> sure all that is necessary, but it doesn't hurt either.

        better safe than sorry

> I have not had the opportunity to work with the VORs yet so I can't
> say how that antenna arrangement works for sure.

        please let us know

> I hope that helps.

        indeed it does, especially for this RF-challenged guy...thanks again

Fred
A194

--
believed to be clean.