Re: Europa-List: Anyone have info how they mounted wing tip strobe power

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Anyone have info how they mounted wing tip strobe power
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:51:50

Fred,

I have a Bob Archer Model 6 big E antenna in the tail with the coax
running forward to the center seam then down the fuselage port side
seam thence following the fuselage seam to the firewall.

I have an AAE VHF-5T mounted vertically on the port side window frame
down to the floor with the connector at the fuselage seam and the coax
running along the seam forward to the firewall.

I have two Bob Archer Model 7 "V" antennas for VHF Nav.

One mounted on the bottom of the fuselage aft of the baggage bay with
the coax running down the center line to the front of the lower
baggage bay where it turns port and runs up the fuselage to the seam
and then forward to the firewall.

The second is in the area over the baggage bay with the coax running
forward to the back door frame where it turns port and down to the
fuselage seam then forward to the firewall.

Finally, I have a Bob Archer Model 5 Transponder antenna mounted on
the port side of the balance arm containment with the coax running
down to the bottom and up the side of the fuselage to the seam and
forward to the firewall.

All the antenna coax run down the port side fuselage seam  All
electrical stuff runs down the starboard side fuselage seam.  Not sure
all that is necessary, but it doesn't hurt either.

I have not had the opportunity to work with the VORs yet so I can't
say how that antenna arrangement works for sure.

I hope that helps.

Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Aircraft Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208