Re: Europa-List: Monowheel designs... any others out there?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel designs... any others out there?
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:26:09

On Thursday, Sep 25, 2008, at 08:11 US/Pacific, rick wrote:

> Just as a matter of interest could I turn a Mono on my short, very
> bumpy, grass-strip (max 20' wide with no turning area) after
> backtracking in a strong wind.- I sometimes have trouble with-my trik
> using full braking on one wheel!-

!!...touche'...that needle do twist nicely...ouch...always nice to
recognise the depth of our commitment to our respective
decisions...pity we tend to cloak ourselves in claims of rationality
for what is, IMO, an essentially irrational enterprise...but I love
this thread which again, IMO, celebrates the extreme flexibility of a
wonderful airframe which sees such variety (mono, trigear, conventional
taildragger, short wings/long wings, Rotax, Soobs, Jabs, CAM/Honda,
Smart Brabus, O-200, and what next?)

Fred
A194

--