Re: Europa-List: cockpit module alignment /control column

Subject: Re: Europa-List: cockpit module alignment /control column
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:40:34

Rowland

> Near the top of the page it says "orientate the column such that the
> tube cranks aft and slightly inboard so that there is equal space
> between it and each of your thighs" and obviously you have to sit in
> it to check that positioning.
>
> But near the bottom of the page it says "check that the minimum
> control movement that can be achieved without interference, is 22.5
> cm (9") fore and aft and 28 cm (11") laterally" but it does NOT say
> you should be sitting in it for that check; I had just mentally
> connected the two!

That was and still is my problem. So, please check movements carefully!

I cannot achieve full aileron movements port/starboard because my cc hits to my
fucken thighs.
OK - my thighs are definetely not like lollipop sticks and I have considered
some
plastical surgery
operations to make them thinner but my test pilot - weighing less than 130 lbs
- had same problem!
He stated -this plane is not for aerobatics!

OK - one reason for that problem is my fat fighter type stick grip which is full
of switches etc
and secondly - I have shortened cc to get its position more erconomical and to
fit my taste.

Resultant: no aerobatics and limited tolerans for sidewind (so far max only 24
knots)!

I should do something but all solutions are unfunny (remove grip and/or lenghten
the column).
I do not know what to do. David B advised me: let it be and accept this
limitation.
Until this day that is the best thing I can do. Ideas? Remove inner muscles from
my both thigs?

Maybe it is a small sacrifice for total satisfactory piloting.

Be care, Rowland

Raimo OH-XRT