RE: Europa-List: Cabin vent - air outlet?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Cabin vent - air outlet?
From: G-IANI <giani@ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:43:22

Frans

>I like this mod. Looks like a low drag solution and very effective,
provided that the stern post is a low pressure area indeed. I'm going to try
this, if it doesn't work very well I have not made any modification to the
exterior of the airplane, so I can easily undo it. It doesn't take much to
implement this.<

Yes that was my thinking

>Another mod could be to make this opening, but without the hose. This might
reduce the pressure in the rear fuselage, keepiing the exhaust fumes away
---From the cockpit, and a vent in the D-panel will then also work better.<

Yes we have tried this and it does make a difference.  As I said we have not
had time to do detailed measurements.

Ian Rickard G-IANI XS Trigear, 200 hours
Europa Club Mods Rep (Trigear)
e-mail mods@europaclub.org.uk
   or direct g-iani@ntlworld.com