Re: Europa-List: Cabin vent - air outlet?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cabin vent - air outlet?
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:39:33
After consulting with EA2004 about any possible strength issues (none), I
built an air outlet vent on top of the fuselage behind the doors - see
attached photo.  This is a low pressure area.

Under the fore part of this vent is a 2 inch hole through the fuselage.  I
built a sliding valve under the hole to partially or fully close the
opening.  I have, however, during two years of flying never adjusted this
valve from full open, whether in summer time or during the winter, so I
consider it unnecessary to have it.  Air flow through the cockpit is instead
controlled only by the fresh air or heater inlets (either ones always open
to some extent).

Svein
LN-SKJ